Monday, June 9, 2014

Men Vs. Women Relationship Talk

It's not a stereotype if it's accurate....

This is the kind of conversation my girlfriends and I have about new people in our lives; friends, significant others, and others like them:

Friend: So, how was the date?

Me: Great. He came over and we just vegged because we both had an insane weekend. He's cute, funny, respectful, nice, and has a lot going for him. We even talked about hanging out tomorrow and he brought up if all goes well and we continue to get along he's not going to see anyone else.


Friend: So clearly he's not afraid to talk about the future.

Me: Right. And he said that that didn't mean I'd have to only see him, but that's just how he works. 

Take note in what VALUES and such are being talked about as well as the language being used. It's the difference in saying, "He's fuckin' ripped, funnier than Adam Sandler (or another comedian you may prefer), he didn't call me a bitch or a hoe OR try to fuck me on the first date, and he's loaded!"  and what was said in the above mentioned.

___________________________________________________________



Me: So, a few new girls started today....

Coworker: What were they like?

Me: One used to work for a similar company, then did some independent work, and is now working with us. She's really nice and outgoing and asked a lot of questions. She has great energy and I think is going to be really great. The other girl was quiet, but really seemed to figure stuff out. I think you'll just need to tell her more how things work at our company, but she's good too. One works with us tomorrow and I'm not sure about the other.

Most guys have talked about other guys they interact with like this, "Ugh, this guy is such a fucking waste of money. He doesn't know shit and is always late and fucks up all of the time.....he's such a fucking tool." 
(guy introduces someone, male or female, to this douchey guy), 
"...this is Joe, he works with me. I told you about him." 
Then they chat like they're best fucking buds and as he walks away he begins talking about what a fucking douche he is. What's worse is when these guys hang out all the time.....*sigh*

___________________________________________________________________

This is a conversation I witnessed between two men:



Man #1: This new girl, man, let me tell you, the sex....amazing.

Man #2: Yea? Awesome!


*some form of: fist bump, high five, etc.*


Man #1: And, the best part....she likes watching me play video games!


Soooo.....at your wedding, I shall toast, "I remember when he first told me about how happy he was that the sex was good after they'd met three days prior and how excited he was that she enjoyed watching him play video games. It was THEN that I knew they'd be together forever. He was just so....taken....with these superficial and juvenile things about her. I'm so glad this is how they started off! Cheers!"

Also....what's she going to say when she hears, "Hi. You must be ____insert name here____. Man #1 has told me so much about you. What position do you like and which is your favorite video game to watch him play?"

*girl gives me a confused, nasty look*

"Well, it's just, he told me how great the sex is and how what he likes best about you is that you actually like watching him play video games....so what are you two going to name your babies he's going to assume isn't going to hurt you to have; since it's "not that bad?" 

____________________________________________________________________



Man #1: My girlfriend wanted to go out to eat at ____(insert place here)____ and she got pissed at me when I said, "I'm not going there and spending a ton of my money on that food because you always get half way through and say that you hate it."

Me: And you're surprised she got pissed at you?

Man #1: What? That's how it always happens!

Me: So you couldn't have nicely said something like, "Their food is okay, but I feel like shortly into eating it you (the 'audience you') regret it half way through. How about another place tonight?" or, "I'm not feeling ____(insert place here)____, what about ____(insert place here)___?" "Mmmm, maybe. How about you name 5 places and we'll compromise?" 


OOOOOOOR you just fucking go and grin and deal with it!!!


I've gone to plenty of places with my boyfriend, friends, daughter, and family that I wasn't too keen on. At that, I've gone to places we've all agreed upon and one of our meals wasn't great or we weren't happy with it and still shrugged our shoulders and said, "You can't always win. Eating out is a gamble." 

I mean, what about when you go out to a specific place for ONE specific item and they're out? Shit happens. 

____________________________________________________________________

I don't give a fuck if you talk about a booty call like, "Omg, I love fucking her. She is so sexy and the things she does to me....damn." and what not....but if you're talking about someone you ACTUALLY care about, have some fucking respect for them.

One of the best men I ever met was asked about the girl he was dating and "what she was like.....ya know....like THAT" and if he had sexy pictures to show off. The guy responded with, "Sorry dude, that's for me and it's between us."





POINT BEING:

Do not say anything about someone you're 
not comfortable with being said to his/her face! 
-friends, enemies, significant others, bosses, 
children, parents, siblings, other family, and 
any-goddamn-one else I forgot about.

No comments:

Post a Comment