Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Why Are Some Women So Mean To Each Other?!

     I remember back in the day when I was that happy, outgoing, spark of light that welcomed anyone and everyone into the group. It didn't matter if it was at school, dance class, work, my home....anywhere! I knew what it felt like to be new or left out or the quiet one afraid I'd say the wrong thing so I never wanted anyone else to feel that way. Also, when people are new anywhere I tend to be the information center/tour guide. I give people the DL and teach them the tricks so they will (hopefully) not get yelled at for stupid stuff and best yet:

I NEVER MAKE THEM FEEL STUPID FOR ASKING QUESTIONS!  

     But, unfortunately , not everyone is so nice. Especially when you work with a bunch of women. And being one for 30 years now it seems that women are either super inviting and nice or they seem to FUCKING HATE YOU. The ones that "...seem to FUCKING HATE YOU" are the ones who act like you stole their boyfriend, wore the same shirt on purpose when (you feel) they look better than you, made you lose your job, or even threw acid in their faces. 


     What's worse is when you're the new girl and women band together. No, you don't have to like everyone. No you don't have to care about everyone. BUT when you are forced to interact on a regular basis it would be superb if women (who act like they FUCKING HATE YOU) would just be cordial to you whilst you have to interact together. I've worked with women who were doing everything in their power to get me in trouble (because let's face it ladies....1/2 of the women in this world never seem to leave high school....and that's something men just don't understand.) and I've just had to brush it off, double check what I'm doing, talking to my managers when they question me about something; fortunately most managers know my work ethic well enough to say, "I'm pretty sure you didn't do this, but this person is saying...." 


     I don't need to be everyone's best friend, but I try to smile at everyone I pass, I try to talk to people about their lives, even women in the break room at work, the waiting room at a doctor's office, while I'm out walking here and there through town, at a game, at a movie, shopping....to women who I rarely see -or don't even care to be friends with....but I'm still around them, so why not make the most of it?!

     If someone's rude, offensive, did wrong you in some major way, then fine, don't be best friends, in fact, you probably THEN have the right to FUCKING HATE HER, but if she hasn't merited this incessant hate, then do her and everyone a favor and just be fucking nice!!


     There are some women I love, because they've welcomed me into their lives, despite what any other woman may have done to them in the past, and there are also women who have just been nice to me without needing to become BEST FRIENDS just because we interact together on a regular basis. But unfortunately for me, there are also some women who make me frown and even dread my day because they're either mean without a reason or they just don't seem to want to be inviting; which makes my day drag on forever and weighs me down no matter how hard I try to not let it. 

*sigh* Isn't it sad when you need to talk to adults like children??

No comments:

Post a Comment